Background

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Inner Beauty

Our church is having a Ladies' Tea and Brunch this coming Saturday as a fundraiser for the youth's trip to Guatemala. They've asked for "crafty" people to make donations for a silent auction, and I knew instantly I'd make something. I knew what I wanted to make by that evening, just didn't know how I'd do it. A couple of days later, I had the vision. I knew what I was going to paint. Here it is!
Now, I had some inner conflict going on while creating this. Do I leave it plain, or do I jazz it up a bit? Add some flowers and sparkle? Even though the verse talks about inner beauty being worth so much to God, I chose to add the bling. Creatively, it pulled the whole painting together. I probably should have left it plain. But I know deep down it was beautiful without the bling as well. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment