Background

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stop the Presses!

I just read a blog from a post on Pinterest that I can identify with. Read it for yourself: http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/08/dear-sweet-mom-who-feels-like-she-is.html Well, I used to feel that way. It does get easier, in a way, as your children get older. BUT I still catch myself feeling this way. Sure, I have crud on my counters. I have a dishwasher filled with clean dishes, and a sink filled with dirty ones. I have work to do. I have laundry to do. I have a house that needs to be painted on the outside, that I started last fall. (For the record, I finished painting the two most viewable sides last winter, and we just cut out the major "bother" (read:big weed of a tree) on the third "kinda" viewable side of the house. The backside of the house is 1/2 painted..... you get my point, right?) I'm a momma who has a lot to do. I feel that I NEVER get anything finished. Or started for that matter. Of course I make sure the family is fed, clean, clothed, and my house is sorta presentable. But I'm not perfect. I still have dirty dishes, cats that need to be brushed, rooms that need to be dusted (I just noticed a piggy bank in the playroom that has fur! (Needs to be dusted.... then I guess cat hair attached to the dust??!?!?!?!) I have floors that need to be mopped, rooms that need to be vacuumed, oh my. But I'm also taking time for myself, by making my crafts. They are my outlet. They are my therapy. They are my release. If I didn't take the time to do them, I'd go nuts. Believe me, I know this. I've suffered with major depression because I tried to be the perfect mother and wife. Guess what? It didn't work, and I refuse to do that to MYSELF again. So when you see my creations I post, please don't think for a minute that you don't have the time to do something like this. You do. You just have to take time for yourself to get them done. The dishes can wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment